All Bingo players are advised to read the following House Rules which outline how CHET TV Bingo is played. Failure to read or understand these rules may result in false expectations and may also hinder the ability of viewers to play the game accurately. The House Rules will be posted on CHET TV’s website and will also be posted at all vendor locations where viewers can buy Bingo Papers. During the show our Bingo Caller will also remind viewers to carefully review the House Rules prior to playing.
Due to factors outside of our control, there is NO guarantee that every game will be broadcasted on TV and online with 100% certainty. If technical issues arise that are outside of our control, we will do our best to get the game back up and running within a reasonable time. However, if we cannot work past the technical difficulties, the game will be terminated and rescheduled until further notice.
The Chetwynd Communications Society has reviewed The Licensed Charitable Gaming Rules. All Directors, Employees and Volunteers will review and sign that they are aware of and will be compliant. Under The Licensed Charitable Gaming Rules, representative board members will:
- Review and sign all contracts related to the Independent Bingo;
- Approve and sign the Gaming Event Revenue Report, which must be submitted within 90 days of the expiry of the gaming license; and
- Approve and sign the Gaming Account Summary Report.
- An appointed Board of Directors member will be the Bingo Manager and will designate duties to the Secretary Treasurer, the Assistant to the Manager, Employees and Volunteers.
- All games will be broadcast on community TV. The call letters are CHET-DT. In addition, games will be streamed live on YouTube and Facebook.
- The Chetwynd Communications Society plans on commencing weekly Live TV Bingo Games on Thursday evenings commencing on January 7, 2021 with the games to start at 7:00 pm and ends at 9:00pm.
- Introduction to the games with an explanation of the rules will start at 7:05 pm prior to the start of the games. A review of the vendors on community radio and community TV will be given so viewers and listeners are aware of locations of sales.
- Bingo Paper will be color alternated as per the Paper Distribution Company in Richmond, BC. 1-800-663-1195 as approved by the GAMING POLICY AND ENFORCEMENT BRANCH (GPEB). The Bingo Papers are 4-up and will include 5 colors – Purple, Lime Green, Grey, Orange, and Sky Blue.
- 4-Up Bingo Papers will be sold for $5.00 each and there will be no discounts. There are no additional prizes such as an automobile.
- We have purchased the correct software for the display board which is on a computer, the approved blower, the balls and the software for the operation of the games. Visually, the drawing of the numbers is the central component of BINGO and all viewers will see the full drawing of the numbers.
- An employee of the Chetwynd Communications Society will pick up Bingo Paper from vendors in Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Pouce Coupe, Tumbler Ridge, and Hudson's Hope.
- Vendors will count the Bingo Papers that they receive upon delivery, they will sign for the number of Bingo Papers sold from the past game and they will return Bingo Papers which are not sold each week.
- At 9:00 am on Friday following Thursday's Bingo Game, a designated representative of the station will verify the amount of cash and unsold Bingo Papers being picked up at the vendor and will return both to the CHET TV headquarters. In the event of severe weather and/or poor road conditions, the vendor may be requested to shut down the sales by 3:00 pm and verify the number of sold and unsold Bingo Papers by telephone or email, plus keep the cash on hand. A representative will be sent to the vendor as soon as weather/roads permit.
- In the case of a technical problem (i.e. TV signal is not responsive), the game is postponed to the following Thursday and all vendors will be notified.
- Each vendor is aware that their outlet cannot sell to minors (under 19) and advertising both on CHET-DT and Peace FM will address this very concisely. Sales outlets have requested that persons buying Bingo Papers show photo identifications.
- Posters are supplied to the vendors advertising the sale of Bingo Papers.
- Rules for advertising will be followed at all times with the GAMING POLICY AND ENFORCEMENT BRANCH (GPEB) cautioning against gambling on radio and TV.
- Bingo winners will deliver winning Bingo Paper, proper BC photo identification, sign for their winnings and be photographed.
- Bingo Paper must be sold and played as supplied by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation.
- Bingo Paper may NOT be cut or separated. Any other type of damage to the Bingo Paper will be inspected by Bingo Staff and dealt with case-by-case.
- If you have a monetary complaint, please contact our station in Chetwynd & Dawson Creek and ask to file a complaint form. Once the form is filled out, the station will submit your form electronically.
- Cash prizes will be disbursed by the Secretary Treasurer or her designate.
- Funds from the sales of Bingo Paper and disbursements to winners will be verified by the Secretary Treasurer or her designate, or the General Manager or his designate. Records of deposits will be maintained by the Secretary Treasurer.
- All Bingos are combination games with four consecutive games – one line – two lines any way – large square (all around the outside) – and one full card. These are all played on one card, so with 4-up the game player actually plays four games at one time.
- The Chetwynd Community Society will start the first month with four prize money packets: $400 for Game One, $800 for Game Two, $1600 for Game Three and $4000 for Game Four. Prize amounts may vary throughout the season at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Net Gaming Proceeds from Bingo Paper sales will be used for:
- Funding in support of the Chetwynd Communications Society TV and Radio stations.
- Funding scholarships and non-profit organizations that have been approved by the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch.
- Improving the Community TV station (CHET-DT) and the Community Radio station (CHET-FM) studio infrastructure (i.e. flooring, sound proofing, wall treatments, etc.).
- Recording and producing local community events to be broadcast on CHET-DT and CHET-FM.
- Purchasing of new/replacement broadcast electronics for CHET-DT and CHET-FM (i.e. cameras, lenses, microphones, lighting, sound mixers, diagnostic tools, etc.).
- Software and hardware for editing and delivering program content on both CHET-DT and CHET-FM (i.e. personal computer hardware & software for video & audio production).
- CHET-DT is on Bell and TELUS 655, the local terrestrial signal on channel 28.1, and on cable TV.
- Directors and employees of the Chetwynd Communications Society are not permitted to purchase Bingo Paper, to play games, or to win funds.
- Players must telephone the published phone numbers to declare a Bingo. Once all telephone calls have been completed, an additional ball timer (35-40 seconds) will elapse before moving to the next game (or closing the broadcast). Any Bingos received after this additional ball timer period will be declared invalid.
- Prize Distribution will take place on days designated by the Board of Directors and may change as required. Prize pickup is available ONLY at the Dawson Creek & Chetwynd Offices.
Know your limit, play within it. 19+
For Help: 1-888-795-6111 or
|Know your limit, play within it. 19+
For Help: 1-888-795-6111 or